Path to Association Growth. We’ve created this blog to provide Association CEO’s and senior managers with a toolkit of strategies and new ideas that lead to growth. My objective is to help you grow your Associations.
Fierce Competition Hampers Growth
You face increasing competition, your members demand value, and your board leaders demand strong financial performance and advocacy results. In real time, this Blog is your new go to resource. Stop by often.
I will include: tips on how to leverage data driven strategies, and why core connections drive retention and growth and how member engagement is crucial to Association Growth.
Real Time Help
- Post web interviews with Association CEO’s that have best practices. You can view them at any time.
- Share content breaking ground and helping you grow your Association. We post weekly.
- Invite your participation, share your concerns and will work with you to provide solutions.
Path to Association Growth
Your path to growth is more certain when you:
- Contact us about how Potomac Core Consulting can help your Association grow: phone 703.878.8786, Skype-daniel.varroney, E Mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow me on Twitter @Dan_Vee
- Like Potomac Core Consulting on Facebook http://facebook.com/potomaccore
Welcome to the new Association Growth Community.
What are the two major obstacles to growth at your Association?
Much more on Association Revenue Growth at www.potomaccore.com
Association Membership ROI or Distraction? How did your Association fare on retention and new member growth in 2012? Before end of year, some membership decisions were on-hold, the fiscal cliff among other things were causing companies to hold off renewing or even joining your organization. What did your members decide? It’s connected to whether or not your members perceive their membership as an ROI or a Distraction.
Stay or Go Equation
Companies are evaluating membership differently. Now companies have a Stay or go Equation. They evaluate by asking is this membership is an ROI or a Distraction:
- If it’s a distraction, members vote with their feet and go elsewhere.
- If membership has ROI, your Trade Association is connected to your member’s business objectives.
Your metrics will help you determine your Association’s ROI.
Three Step Process to ROI
1. Data Driven Strategies
Example – Quantifying policy impact on corporate business objectives.
2. Core Connections – Help companies achieve business objectives
Example – Do strategies to retain, increase participation, grow new members and sponsors reflect a core connection?
3. Member Engagement – Transformational culture change to “We”
Example – Members are more easily engaged once they see their association working as a strategic ally to advance their business interests through consensus. When they don’t feel actively engaged, they form their own coalitions, forums and on-line communities.
Association Membership ROI or Distraction?
Steve Lane, President and CEO , Vertical Leap Consulting and I developed this path to Association Growth. Our research says your Association adds value, connects to your members’ business objectives and your members are more engaged.
How can this process help your Association grow revenue and membership?
Much more on Association Revenue Growth at www.potomaccore.com/blog